Resident Selection Criteria
(Used by Employees and Assistants)
1. All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed rental application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity by Driver’s license/US ID card and social security number. A $40 non-refundable application fee will be required for each applicant.
2. Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a co-signer. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required.
3. Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filing, collections, liens or bankruptcy within the past 5 years.
4. Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request two years of tax returns or 1099s and non-employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income.
5. All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
6. Criminal background check on all occupants 18 or older: Felonies/Misdemeanors - contact agent for more information.
7. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at the time of lease termination.
8. No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to the landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pets.
9. Mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, re-keying etc. may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, re-keying, etc. that exceed these minimum fees.
10. Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and/or additional prepaid rent.
11. The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
12. We require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
13. Any exceptions to our company’s criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional rent payments may be required.
14. Our company policy is to report all non-compliances with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent or any amounts owed to the credit bureau.
15. Swannanoa Realty strictly complies with the Federal Fair Housing Act